Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Customer Value created by Dell

In the field of marketing, a customer value proposition consists of the sum total of benefits which a vendor promises that a customer will receive in return for the customer's associated payment. Put simply, the value proposition is what the customer gets for his money.

Companies by delivering exceptional value to the most Important customer in the Value Chain...at all time!...every time! Is very important to sustain, survive and attract customers from the market.

By using simple and unique value innovation tools to develop new business models, services, and/or products, they will leave the turbulent, competitive red oceans you swim in today for tranquil blue oceans where there is no competition. The Result: Sustainable, Profitable Growth!

"Because a person’s experience with a product tends to foster feelings of personal connection with it, referring to time typically leads to more favorable attitudes—and to more purchases," says Jennifer Aaker, the General Atlantic Professor of Marketing at Stanford Graduate School of Business.

I experienced one such extra ordinary service rendered to me by Dell. I had some problem with my laptop charger and registered a complaint by noon. To my surprise the brand new part was delivered to me by 4 pm the same day at my hostel doorstep in a place which is in a remote location from the city. Within 4 Hours I got my problem solved. This created a kind of increased value of the company by the way it rendered its service to me. Suppose if I or my friends or relatives need a new laptop and ask my suggestion, I would definitely suggest them to go in for Dell product which is nothing but Word of mouth marketing. Dell actually did not only satisfy its customer, but also created customer delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment